Teaching Foundations Short Course
Office of Teaching & Learning (University of Denver)
The Teaching Foundations Short Course provides instructors with an overview of the latest best practice in higher education pedagogy, educational technology and an introduction to teaching at the University of Denver.
Individuals who earned this badge completed the University of Denver’s Teaching Foundations Short Course. The goals for the course included:
- What is the culture of DU? What is it like to be a faculty member at DU? What resources are available to DU faculty members?
- How do I create a challenging and welcoming space for all students? How do I handle classroom management issues that arise?
- How do I best structure my class to achieve meaningful, impactful learning?
- What different strategies and technologies can I use to engage students in the classroom?
- How do I use tests and assignments to motivate my students and get feedback on their learning? How do I manage grading? --
- What do I do if I suspect academic dishonesty?
Instructors who earned this badge completed the required assignments for each module (Welcome to DU, Engaging Students, Designing a Course, Teaching Strategies & Technologies, and Assessing Learning) of the course.